SHAHJALAL UNIVERSITY PRESS CLUB is the organization of journalists of Shahjalal University of Science & Technology (SUST), Sylhet. The organization has been arranging/observing various programs to enhance journalist’s ability and to keep the unity of them since its establishment on March 11, 1996. It has been working for a long time with keeping the spirit of liberation war of 1971, creative work and progressive thinking. Almost all members of Shahjalal University Press Club have been working in prominent dailies and online media as SUST and Sylhet correspondent. Currently a number of ex campus journalists of SUST are engaged in prominent houses of electronic, print and online media. They have been working with honesty and fame.
Shahjalal University Press Club, a platform of journalists at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) campus, is one of the dynamic organizations of campus journalists all over the country that exclusively has been trying for the betterment of journalism at SUST campus as well as promoting multiple issues of journalism in respective arena.
However, as journalism is one of the most challenging activities in home and abroad, so unity among the journalists is one of the main power to uphold their work with honesty. The organization has been providing proper guideline to strengthen unity among journalists and arranging different training and skill development programs to enhance theoretical and practical knowledge about journalism.
Being motivated by the spirit of the liberation, the organization has been arranging various programs like Photo Exhibition on liberation war, liberation war-based documentary Show etc.
Recent Programs Arranged by SHAHJALAL UNIVERSITY PRESS CLUB
- Photo Exhibition on liberation war
- Documentary Show on our glorious history of independence
- Observed Press Freedom Day
- Observed impact journalism day
- Seminar on international language day
- ‘Pitha Utsob’ to uphold our heritage
- ‘Ek Bosonto & Baul Sondha’ to uphold our culture
- Ten days national tour titled “Exploring Bangladesh”.
- Observed National Days
- Pohela Baishakh and other days
- Published souvenir marking national days like Bengali calendar on Baishakh etc.